What We Believe
But What If I Don’t Know What I Believe?
Well, then you should fit right in. We are all learning and growing in our relationship with Jesus Christ. There is not one of us who have “arrived”. There is not one of us who claims to understand everything there is to know. We believe that you will find our fellowship welcoming and warm because we know that we all need the grace and forgiveness of Jesus Christ.
Learn and Grow In Sunday School
Here at Tyrone, we enjoy a good Sunday School class, even as adults. Sunday School is the perfect place to learn more about what it means to live and believe as a Christian. We usually have at least four different adult Sunday School classes as well as children’s classes for all ages. Sunday School starts at 9:00 AM.
We Are a Reformed Church
- That the Holy Scripture is the perfect, complete, and final authority which contains the will of the Triune God and is given to mankind by the one and only God so that we are able to discern everything required for salvation.
- That Scripture from Genesis through Revelation reveals the sovereign God of the universe and how He has called us into covenantal relationship to Himself and his people through the giving of His one and only Son, the Lord Jesus Christ.
- That the man Christ Jesus is God in the flesh, has fulfilled all righteousness, died upon a cross, rose from the dead, and sits at the right hand of the Father. He will return at the Second Coming to restore all creation, to judge the wicked and the dead, and to claim for all eternity those who have placed their faith and trust in Him.
- That God justifies the sinner who is in a fallen state of sin and is unable to do anything to save himself. God declares the sinner righteous based upon the total, complete, and perfect work of the Lord Jesus Christ and, because of God’s gracious mercy, the sinner becomes the adopted son of God, receives the forgiveness of sin, and is given the right to eternal life.
- That the purpose of our church is to worship God in Spirit and in Truth, to edify the saints through the preaching of the Gospel, to administer the Sacraments, and to send the saints into the world to make disciples of all nations.
- Our church is committed to the Word of God and the truths that it proclaims for holy living.
Our Denomination: The denomination of the Presbyterian Church in America (PCA) holds three documents as the doctrinal standards to which we adhere. These documents are: the Westminster Confession of Faith, the Larger Catechism, and the Shorter Catechism. We believe these doctrinal standards are reflective of what the Bible teaches but ultimately the Bible alone is the only final and infallible standard of Truth.
WESTMINSTER CONFESSION OF FAITH & CATECHISMS